[Koha-devel] move to savannah

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Sun Nov 13 02:21:06 CET 2005

Simon Mitchell <jseb.com at gmail.com>

> Have you considered a move to svn?

If we are going to change version control, please move koha to a
distributed system like arch or darcs.

The benefits of svn over cvs are minimal for a fairly mature
project, the tools are far larger (like 5 times the size),
it still has the single central server point of failure and
if we want to upgrade later, there are fewer tools to upgrade
from svn than cvs. Finally, it seems not GPL-compatible.

My savannah username is "slef". Please may I have write access to
the new CVS? I will work on the new installer again in a week or so.

Best wishes,
--
MJ Ray - personal email, see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/email.html
Work: http://www.ttllp.co.uk/  irc.oftc.net/slef  Jabber/SIP ask