[Koha-devel] move to savannah

Anthony Youngman Anthony.Youngman at eca-international.com
Tue Nov 15 01:19:02 CET 2005

What are you trying to achieve?

CVS is great if you have strong central management. It's crap if
development is a free-for-all. I'll admit Koha is far less of a
free-for-all than linux, but that's probably because it's got fewer
developers.

CVS is a "push" setup - all accredited developers push their updates
into the central repository. Git is a "pull" setup - ANYBODY can have
their own repository, and they notify the release manager of any changes
to their own setup. The release manager then pulls the changes into the
official repository.

It's not that one is better than the other, it's just that git is strong
where cvs is weak and vice versa - and which one is best suited to Koha.

Cheers,
Wol