[Koha-devel] The future of Koha (some ideas and thoughts) [IMPORTANT] (I hope) and [LONG] (not so)

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Fri Sep 2 08:39:49 CEST 2005

Fantastic ideas Paul! I think you're absolutely right, we
need to start thinking in terms of a 'koha suite' with the
ILS as just one component in a larger framework. Some of my
ideas for things that could be included:

Inventory management
Scheduling management
Full-text document storage and retrieval (Zebra makes this easy)
Computer scheduling (so patrons can sign up for computers, etc.)

These kinds of value-added features will make Koha really stand
out compared to other ILS products. More modularization of the
code base will make it easier to incorporate new modules. I think
we should go for it!

--
Joshua Ferraro               VENDOR SERVICES FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE