[Koha-devel] Koha Statuses and MARC?

Thomas D koha at alinto.com
Tue Sep 6 23:12:04 CEST 2005

Koha is not ready yet for standards compliant holdings.  That would hardly
make Koha unusual for library systems.

However it is done, I do believe that all information that can be should be
recorded in MARC.  If real time updates to status in the MARC would
compromise system performance, then use a corresponding more efficiently
updated items.status.  The status should still be updated in the MARC record
as either part of a batch process, or part of a script that builds the
complete record upon record export.  Either of these procedures should allow
status information to be stored in the record at least upon export or demand
without adversely affecting system performance.

If a build upon export procedure is used, then that should include export
for the Z39.50 server in addition to the export script.

Thomas D

Quoting COURYHOUSE at aol.com :