[Koha-devel] Fines Broken

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Mon Sep 26 10:30:33 CEST 2005

Joshua Ferraro <jmf at liblime.com>

> I just discovered (much to my dismay) that fines are broken
> in the 2.2.x and greater series. At first glance, one reason
> for this is that the categoryitem table has been removed.

Using Emacs's PCL-CVS tools, I see it was removed from
misc/koha.mysql in revision 1.9 on 12 November 2004 by tipaul
with a comment of "koha 2.2DB structure (final ? I hope...)"

Paul, why was this removed? I can't find it in release notes
or on the list from around that time. I guess it may be a week
or more before he replies :-/ Is there a quick fix?

> So this is a good example of the kind of QA problems we're
> having with this project. It's going to take many hours for
> someone to hunt back for the history of this issue, find out who
> broke what when, then figure out how to fix it, then to commit
> the fix. There's got to be a better way.

Less attacking, more hacking and better planning, please.

Part of the problem for me is that I've no clear sense what
direction or timescale the 2.2 and 2.3 branches are heading
for. Paul recently asked for opinions on 2.2, but I don't
remember any "closure" to that. I don't know 2.2 beyond 2.2.4
and I've no idea where 2.3 is going when. I'm sorry I've little
time for koha IRC just now, but please can you post roadmaps to
the lists and tell us what is most helpful to work on? Never know,
more lurkers may step forwards with patches.

Best wishes,
--
MJ Ray (slef), K. Lynn, England, email see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/