[Koha-devel] Fines Broken

Tarallo, Andres tarallo at ort.edu.uy
Tue Sep 27 10:18:28 CEST 2005

Joshua:

I agree with you, a lot more work in Quality assurance has to be done.
Since Koha is free software we have nobody to blame; other than we, the
users and developers of Koha.

After a year deeply involved with the internals of Koha I realize that a
lot has been done, but a lot more has to be done. Allmost every were in
the source code you find repeated code. You can find functions that
update or insert records and miss fields. Concurrency is not very well
handled.

As a base product we have an outstanding product. However, a lot has to
be done; that leads to a healthy free software project. I think that
next release of Koha should put some focus not only in bug fixing, but
also in getting rid of software constructions that are no longer in use
or do the same thing.

This is my 20 cents peso uruguayo (sorry, no dollars or euros).

Andres