[Koha-devel] Koha Foundation

Pierrick LE GALL pierrick at koha-fr.org
Fri Apr 14 11:07:02 CEST 2006

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 09:52:14 +0100
MJ Ray <mjr at phonecoop.coop> wrote:

> Pierrick LE GALL <pierrick at koha-fr.org>
>
> > If we want to give chances to a user community, I'm not so sure we
> > need a "foundation". We need more user oriented tools:
> >
> > - a bulletin board forum instead of a mailing-list. I ask you to be
> > honnest : mailing-list are fine for developers, not for users.
>
> That is the reverse of my experience and others, such as:
>    [... e-democracy.org extract ...]
>
> and you don't get a much broader audience of non-developers
> than "everybody"!

We have different experiences, that's all :-) No problem for me if we
have no bulletin-board, I think it's too bad for users but for
developers it's useless.

I don't want the discussion to go any further, but I give what I
consider the advantages of an online bulletin board instead of a
mailing-list:

- centralized
- easier to search
- you can be notified only on subjects you're subscribed to
- more user friendly
- easier to link a wiki page to a forum topic/post than to a mail of
the mailing list

I personnaly like using mailing-lists because I have a deeper control on
my user interface, but I can be considered as an advanced user.

Subject closed, no need to argue anymore :-)

--
Pierrick LE GALL
INEO media system