[Koha-devel] Koha Foundation

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Fri Apr 14 12:29:03 CEST 2006

Pierrick LE GALL <pierrick at koha-fr.org>
> I don't want the discussion to go any further, but I give what I
> consider the advantages of an online bulletin board instead of a
> mailing-list: [...]
> Subject closed, no need to argue anymore :-)

I think you're missing the point from the e-democracy.org
experiences, so let me be clearer: to succeed in the long
term, a forum *needs* the email interface.

Even so, this is not a choice between mailing list and web
forums. We can have both, like at http://forums.e-democracy.org
or like at http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.misc.koha - doesn't
that give koha most of the benefits that you've described?
Maybe we should retitle our link and promote it better?

Hope that clarifies,
--
MJ Ray - personal email, see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/email.html
Work: http://www.ttllp.co.uk/  irc.oftc.net/slef  Jabber/SIP ask