[Koha-devel] KohaCon (may 2nd & 3rd) notes & questions

Russel Garlick russel at katipo.co.nz
Thu Apr 20 01:25:31 CEST 2006

Hi Paul

Joshua Ferraro wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 05:32:28PM +0200, Paul POULAIN wrote:
>
>>* 52 persons registred for May 2nd, 32 for May 3rd (excluding all of us)

Wow well done.

>>* With all those subscriptions to the devWeek, the ppl coming to the 2
>>days in Paris are now unclear to me. could katipo/liblime/ccfls remind
>>me who will be with us on may 2nd & 3rd.

Chris and I will be there on the 2nd and 3rd *and* the deve week.

>>* The meeting will be registered on a videotape (VHS). Does someone from
>>us have the tools to transfer it to a mpg4 or something that can be put
>>on the net ?
>
> I offered to bring a video camera that could be used for a live webcast,
> which I think Katipo can host (russ can speak to that better). If you
> have a video camera on-site that would make my luggage weigh less :-).
> Let me know whether to bring mine.

I was hoping that someone would have a camera with a digital out
(firewire or usb) so that I can plug the camera directly into my laptop
to do the encoding and upload to the streaming server. However, I will
also bring an analog to digital convertor if the cameras dont have
digital out (ie they only have rca jacks) I can still grab the feed.
Either way covered.

As I am not speaking at either day, my plan was to sit next to the
camera and encode as we go. If I can't arrange to get a live webcast
going, then at the least I may be able to upload video after each speaker.

One other thing - Paul do you have a tripod for the camera?

Paul - is there internet access at the venue for the 2nd and 3rd that we
can use?

>>* As planned, on May 2nd, speakers only eat together in a chinese
>>restaurant, while on May 3rd, we will all eat in a french restaurant
>>("all" means everybody : users as well as speakers)
>>(ps for joshua : both with vegetarian food, of course)
>
> Sounds delicious :-)

mmm food

--

Russel Garlick