[Koha-devel] koha 2.2.6RC2 is ...

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Thu Aug 3 06:44:11 CEST 2006

Congrats Paul ... great work!
Some comments follow ...

On Wed, Aug 02, 2006 at 04:00:12PM +0200, Paul POULAIN wrote:
> Koha 2.2.6 is more than 247 000 lines of code, developed by more than 30
> differents developers (and even more translators).
how is the line count calculated? does it include comments and
docuementation?

> With the 2.2.6 version, Koha is now a mature product, with a lot of nice
> features. It's used in more than 100 libraries, of all kinds (public,
> schools, religious...), of different sizes (from 1 to 8 branches, from
> 1000 to 300 000 items).
I think we need to update this paragraph. How many libraries is Koha
installed in now? I know it's well beyond 100 ... probably
beyond 1000 ... maybe much higher ...

> * The librarian interface is tested only with Mozilla/Firefox. Should
> work (partially) with IE. OPAC should work fine with any browser.
> * In this release, french & english are uptodate. Other language po
> files are provided in the package. If you update/complete one of them,
> please send it to paul.poulain @ free.fr, it will be included in a
> 2.2.6b release !
> * NEW PACKAGES REQUIRED :
> - Class::Accessor (0.25)
> - XML::SAX (0.14)
> - MARC::File::XML (0.83),
> - MARC::Charset (0.95),
> - LWP::Simple
> - XML::Simple
There are some additional dependencies for the new barcode module
as well.

> KNOWN BUGS
> **********
> Critical/blocking : none
> see bugs.koha.org for more information. Please report any problem in
> bugs.koha.org
Here's the 'more information' (I know because I just cleaned up
bugzilla ... a long and boring job :-)):

Right now in bugzilla ...

we have 15 blocker bugs: http://tinyurl.com/kwuo3

we have 48 total bugs: http://tinyurl.com/gqbyn
(not including enhancements)

I would request that we spend some time fixing these, as there are
really not that many (compared to the unmanagable list we had before).
Maybe it's time to hold another bug squash mtg?

Cheers,