[Koha-devel] koha 2.2.6RC2 is ...

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Thu Aug 3 10:21:10 CEST 2006

Joshua Ferraro a écrit :
> Congrats Paul ... great work!
> Some comments follow ...
>
> On Wed, Aug 02, 2006 at 04:00:12PM +0200, Paul POULAIN wrote:
>> Koha 2.2.6 is more than 247 000 lines of code, developed by more than 30
>> differents developers (and even more translators).
> how is the line count calculated? does it include comments and
> docuementation?
http://bureau.paulpoulain.com/cvslog/cvschangelogbuilder_(rel_2_2)_koha.html

shows ... 175 000 lines. Stranges, I thought it was 247 000. Maybe I
have removed some things.

>> With the 2.2.6 version, Koha is now a mature product, with a lot of nice
>> features. It's used in more than 100 libraries, of all kinds (public,
>> schools, religious...), of different sizes (from 1 to 8 branches, from
>> 1000 to 300 000 items).
> I think we need to update this paragraph. How many libraries is Koha
> installed in now? I know it's well beyond 100 ... probably
> beyond 1000 ... maybe much higher ...

http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=kohausers shows 88 libraries. Some more
from you, some more from me (that I have to add to this page).
We are SURE of more than 100 because we can list them.
but as a free software, we hope than many many more libraries use Koha.

we also know that there are 2 derivatives (1 from Argentina, 1 from
India i've been told)

We should probably change the line here. Something like :
"more than 100 libraries are listed as user, and Koha is probably used
by more than 300 libraries. There are 2 projects derived from Koha, one
in south america, one in india"

> There are some additional dependencies for the new barcode module
> as well.

could you list them ?

> we have 15 blocker bugs: http://tinyurl.com/kwuo3

OK, I will work on them today.
and MANY MANY thanks for the time you spent cleaning bugzilla !!!

--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants