[Koha-devel] Offline Circulation & Other Stuff [SAN-OP : read this]

Kyle Hall kyle.m.hall at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 19:08:42 CEST 2006

> it sounds very very interesting, but, at least for me, more information
> is needed on how to get the source & how to test & what it already does.

The source is available from the koha-tools subversion repository, in the
future it may move to google's code repository. There reason I sent my first
e-mail was to allow everyone to check it out and see what it does do right
now.
After installation, there is a new option under Tools in Firefox. Click it
and the offline circulation window comes up. There are three tabs, one for
checking out books, one for returning books, and one that will eventually be
for moving that data into koha.

And I always volunteer to give help, so you can ask more precisely what
> kind of help you need.

Right now the program stores the data locally, what we need is a way to get
it out of the offline circ, and into Koha. I wanted to use SOAP, but I think
Josh's suggestion using XML and httpRequest is probably alot easier and
quicker to write. Any other ideas would be most helpful. I believe that
working with a developer more knowledable if koha's internal workings would
benefit us all.

SAN-OP : this is probaly the offline circulation module you're waiting
> for. In french : c'est surement le module de prêt de secours (=réseau
> down) dont vous avez besoin.

That's why I made sure translating it into french would be easy ; )

What I will do now is make sure the code is well documented. If anyone wants
to help me with the code, I can give them commit rights to the repository.

Kyle

--
IT Tech
Crawford County Federated Library System