[Koha-devel] FW: RDBMS like behaviour or merged result sets fromZEBRA-ZOOM

Anthony Youngman Anthony.Youngman at eca-international.com
Wed Aug 16 13:03:34 CEST 2006

Coming late to the conversation ...

Storing ANYthing in an RDBMS is a bad idea (you can tell I'm not a fan :-)

And Tumer is just plain wrong when he says what you want "is a relational query". It may be phrased in a relational manner, because that's what most people understand, but

LIST HOLDINGS WHEN TITLE = 'Harry Potter' AND LIBRARY = 45 76 102

is a query, written in a database language called ENGLISH, which will do what you want (debugging excepted) and it's not a relational database.

Not knowing Zebra, I can't tell you how to solve the problem in Zebra. But I *can* tell you it's got absolutely nothing to do with whether or not Zebra is a relational database.

Cheers,
Wol