[Koha-devel] ALL Programmers & Template designers please note

Tumer Garip tgarip at neu.edu.tr
Mon Aug 21 23:14:58 CEST 2006

Hi all,

Although officially KOHA runs on Unix and Firefox there is quite a lot out
there that uses Windows and Internet Explorer with Koha.

Especially with the new ZOOM integration KOHA is now fully Windows
compatible as well.

However a silly javascript error prevents current frameworks from being used
in Internet Explorer. The bug (I consider it a bug in IE) is that any popup
window name that contains a space throws a javascript error. So please name
the popup windows in window.open scripts with no space. i.e. instead of
“Koha Help” pls use “Koha_Help” or a single word.

This will help those windows users like us as not to edit all the templates
everytime we update.

I know that officially we say Firefox but I think it’s a shame to ignore IE
just because of one its bugs.

Thanks all,

Tumer