[Koha-devel] question/feature request regarding items & issuing rules

Cindy Murdock cmurdock at ccfls.org
Tue Jan 10 22:52:58 CET 2006

Hi all,

We've been figuring out how we want to set up our item types for our
libraries, and I notice how the renewal limit, not-for-loan, and rental
charge are all set in the itemtypes table.  Wouldn't it make more sense
to have these things set in the issuingrules table?  This would make
setting these rules on a per-library basis more flexible, especially for
a loosely-federated library system like mine.  :)  Is there a reason
these are in itemtypes and would it cause problems if they were moved?

Cheers,
c.
--
Cindy Murdock