[Koha-devel] Table Lock privilege for kohaadmin

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Mon Jan 16 16:06:40 CET 2006

Stephen Hedges a écrit :
> Is there any reason why the kohaadmin MySQL account should not have the
> LOCK TABLES privilege on the Koha database?  I've run into a problem with
> the koha.upgrade and the bulkmarcimport.pl scripts because kohaadmin
> cannot lock the tables.  The problem may be more complex than this, but
> that's the error that DBI throws.  (I'm using MySQL 4.1.10a, doesn't seem
> to matter if I set old-passwords or not.)

Hi stephen,

The best would be to have "grant all" for privileges. But unfortunately,
there are some problems with mySQL 4.0 in this case.

In Koha 3.0, as it seems mySQL 4.1 will be mandatory, we should move to
grant all and would not have any more problems with lock table.

--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants