[Koha-devel] prog templates (once again)...

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Tue Jan 17 18:32:06 CET 2006

Sorry to bother you once again with this subject...

I really tried to code with prog templates. But that's a pain...
Because there are some features that have to be coded in the template.
Like javascript or some important css/html things that can't be removed
imho.

Just one example : in acquisition directory, there is a doNotPrint css
(in default templates) that makes a table column to be NOT printed
(through a media=print stylesheet) we should not remove this stylesheet
or we loose a feature !

I agree that actual default templates have to be improved.
- doc-head-open and doc-head-close in prog templates are a good idea.
- dividing menus in mainmenu / submenu is also a good idea.
- we could have a unique id for each div (bloc). It's name could be the
template name+ a number. With this a local stylesheet could remove a
feature unwanted through the stylesheet.

My idea is that the templates should be only one, and includes directory
/ stylesheet being local. That could give enough freedom to template
designers.

Let me know what you think, and maybe have a meeting on irc to definetly
decide something.
--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants