[Koha-devel] prog templates (once again)...

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Thu Jan 19 09:26:52 CET 2006

Richard Anderson a écrit :
>> with <table>
> I think there is a problem here in that the <label> tag has been used as
> for formatting (with CSS styles) rather than its intended use as an
> accessibility aid. So people will find it hard to add in <label> tags to
> other parts of the forms without distorting the page layout.
>
> When used as an accessibility aid the <label> tag can really speed up
> how people use forms - especially for radio buttons and checkboxes - you
> get a big target to click on to check the input.
>
> Rather than apply a style to the <label> tag, I think it would be better
> to wrap it in <span> with the style applied to the span.
>
> So the above example would be:
> type="..." id="somename" /></p>
>
> This would enable someone, perhaps me, to add in the accessibility
> features which the <label> tag enables.

OK for the accessibility, owen already entered a lot of for="...", and
accesskey would be interesting too.
But I don't see why we also need the <span>. The <label> can also be
used as CSS. and we could/should avoid having a <span>. Were am I wrong
here ?

> I think it would be nice to add a unique id to each table. This would
> give a lot more options for people to format how each table looks via
> some contextual css. I guess in most cases it wouldn't be used but I
> think it is an easy  option to add in at the templating stage.

OK agreed.
>> * begin every "invariant" bloc with <!-- KOHA id="X" --> where X is a
>> number : that is a big task and only useful is someone is ready to
>> develop a "template compiler" (like the translator compiler). The idea
>> would be to : be able to report blocs in a local template to have
>> synch easier. An example :
> This sounds like a great idea.

We spoke of this on irc with owen. Another idea, that sounds better,
would be to have a
That could serve the same purposes of "template compiling" AND enable
css driven only theme.

At the end, all templates should contain :
* a include menu.inc
* a include menu_module.inc (acquisition, catalogue, circulation,
authorities...)
* a include template_bottom.inc (do we need a template_module_bottom.inc ?)
* a content, that can highly be css driven, through <div> and id.
* all necessary things to create a "template compiler" if someone want
to write it.

--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants