[Koha-devel] Panjabi In notes or/Title

Ramandeep Singh ramantx at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 02:47:54 CEST 2006

Hello All,

I've got Koha 2.2.5 running on Linux. I am trying to put Panjabi (Panjabi
Unicode) value into the notes field to store some information about the
Panjabi book title.  So I paste the Unicode value (ਰਮਨਿਪ) in Koha admin
notes field.  I then query the database to see the value stored.  It looks
like it has stored the html code equivalent i.e #223232;#34343;etc.  I also
noticed that it splits this whole value into multiple rows in the marc_*
table values.  so tag 500a will have multiple rows with the html code values
above and it is split randomly.  Next, when I go back to the admin
interface--the notes field it repeated multiple times with the html code
values and I cannot edit the original value I had placed.

I am by no means an expert/adv on Unicode but have general understanding.  I
would appreciate any one's input in this.  BTW, I did read the posts from
the achieves that did mention how to get Chinese/Arabic in the titles and it
seems to be working......i need to know how I can get Panjabi to work.

Thanks!

Raman

--
ਰਮਨਿਪ ਸਿੱਗ