[Koha-devel] zebra config files : about default.idx

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Thu Jul 20 13:03:04 CEST 2006

Hello all,

i've investigated half a day on my accented problem on zebra : I had a
specific default.idx, mapped to french-specific word-phrase-utf.chr
config files, but...
when searching for "helene" I had not the same results as when searching
for "helene".
This makes me mad, until I tought I was looking in the wrong direction.

In fact, there is a default.idx file in /usr/local/share/zebra, and my
zebra-biblio.cfg had :
profilePath:${srcdir:-.}:/usr/local/share/idzebra/tab/:/home/paul/koha.dev/dev_week/zebraplugin/zebradb/biblios/tab/:${srcdir:-.}/tab/

I inverted my path and /usr/local :

profilePath:${srcdir:-.}:/home/paul/koha.dev/dev_week/zebraplugin/zebradb/biblios/tab/:/usr/local/share/idzebra/tab/:${srcdir:-.}/tab/

and ... it works.
Thus, it seems that profilePath directories are solved : "the 1st that
fits is choosen" instead of "the last that fits has won" (like for
cascading stylesheets for example)

So my 2 questions :
* did you encounter this problem and had the same conclusion ?
* don't you think it could be reported as a problem to indexdata ?
* isn't the wiki wrong on this ? (I can change it if you confirm)

and yes, I know, that's 3 questions ;-)

--
Paul POULAIN