[Koha-devel] Meeting Minutes for March 6th, 2006

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Mon Mar 6 22:22:52 CET 2006

Hi all,

Here are the meeting minutes from today's meeting:

Present: chris, hdl, pierrick, russ, thd, kados

INTRODUCTION

Welcomed Pierrick to the development team. Pierrick is the new full-
time Koha developer who works for INEO. We're very happy to have him
on board!

PERL-ZOOM

chris has the plugin for perl-zoom and 2.2.x working. Currently,
searches and adding items and biblios works. he's going to
continue working on:
	shell scripts for installing
	new search points (itemtype, series title, format, location,
		barcode, call #, publisher, published between dates)
	deletions of biblios and items
	edits of biblios and items
	bulkmarcimport.pl and rebuild_zebra.pl
	order by (title, author, etc.)
	returns (to update holdingbranch)

AUTHORITIES

kados previewed some improvements in authorities control display,
specifically an OPAC auth search as well as a new way to display
the 'summary'. This can be viewed on opac.liblime.com (do an auth
search on 'Lewis' or 'Twain' for examples).

KOHA NON-PROFIT

We discussed the idea of creating a 'Koha Foundation'. We need to
discuss on koha-devel what our goals would be for such an organization
so we can clearly define its role. kados will start a thread on this
topic asap.

Cheers,
--
Joshua Ferraro               VENDOR SERVICES FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE