[Koha-devel] Library-specific Code in rel_3_0

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Mon Nov 27 16:10:28 CET 2006

On Mon, Nov 27, 2006 at 10:35:24AM +0100, Paul POULAIN wrote:
> Joshua Ferraro a écrit :
> >Hi guys,
>
> Hi,
>
> >This is a reminder that if you are committing something to Koha that is
> >not universally useful, please create a system preference. I have come
> >across several changes that are not universal and will need to be fixed
> >in rel_3_0:
> >
> > * in member management, surname is all caps
>
> is it a problem for you or your libraries ? For us, in France, it's seen
> as an improvement, not as a problem.
> If it is, then OK for a system preference.
Yes, in the US, it's not practice to have surname listed first or to
have it capitalized ...

> However, I just want to point that we have to be cautious adding
> systempref, to avoid having 100 000 of them (& slowing koha itself +
> adding complexity to koha setup)
True ...

> > * titles are in french rather than english in english prog templates ?!?!
>
> mmm... where are french strings still hidden ? SAN-OP is supposed to
> have removed all of them. And now, they directly write in english
> (although everybody can fix their poor english. They rid thus list &
> won't be upset by what I say : they know their english is poor, and are
> happy to be fixed ;-) )
The 'titles' in the template, for 'Mr.', 'Mrs.', etc.

> > * displaying "Branch: 1" instead of "Branch: Branchname"
>
> mmm... this is a bug, for sure : where do you see this ?
Hmmm, can't remember now, but I think it was promminent in the intranet.

> > * use List::MoreUtils qw/uniq/; used in request.pl
>
> this one I don't know who it comes from or what it does. SAN-OP, an idea
> ? (maybe something from Pierrick ?)
I think we should remove it unless anyone has any objections.

> >There are many other examples ... it's important to remember that the
> >code you commit to rel_3_0 should not be library-specific.
>
> of course. So consider them as bugs, not as features ;-)
OK :-) Are we ready to start pounding bugzilla with bugs for rel_3_0?

Cheers,