[Koha-devel] Debian Packaging

Geoff Crompton geoff.crompton at strategicdata.com.au
Thu Oct 5 03:01:12 CEST 2006

>> Meanwhile, Geoff Crompton has submitted an
>> alioth project request.  What do people think?
>
> I'm happy to use alioth if it doesn't limit us.  Of course, once the
> packages get into debian, we should use bugs.debian.org and
> packages.qa.debian.org as our first line.

My request for an alioth project was denied, my request didn't meet
their guidelines (should have requested pkg-koha project instead of koha
apparently).

Raphael suggested we use the collab-maint project (1) of alioth for this
though. That gets us an svn repostiory. We could still use this mailing
list for discussions. It requires contributors to signup for a
username-guest account on alioth to access the repository, and email
Raphael to ask for access to the collab-maint project.

alioth does have support for bzr, but then we'd need a separate project,
not part of a collab-maint project. I haven't asked if we can use that.
If people are really keen on using bzr, I can ask.

(1) http://wiki.debian.org/AliothPackagingProject
--
Geoff Crompton
Debian System Administrator