[Koha-devel] Large library

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Sun Sep 10 14:54:58 CEST 2006

Hi Ernesto,

In fact, Zebra can handle about 50 million records, so I think
your collection will be no problem :-). However, I should warn you
that the learning curve for getting the Zebra version is currently
very steep, so plan on it taking a while to get to know the system
(or you could, of course, hire one of the core developers to help
you out).

In terms of using Koha 2.2 series, I've had very good success in the
past with collections in the 300K range, doing mysql replication to
allow several 'search' servers, and only one 'master' server that
handles all write operations. There may be some scatterd mention of
how to set this up in some of the documentation on http://kohadocs.org;
if you can't find any, ping me and I'll flesh it out.

Cheers,