[Koha-devel] Large library

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Sun Sep 10 23:11:51 CEST 2006

On Sun, Sep 10, 2006 at 08:46:26PM -0000, Thomas Dukleth wrote:
> On Sun, September 10, 2006 12:54 pm, Joshua Ferraro wrote:
> > In fact, Zebra can handle about 50 million records
> [snip]
> I am expecting Zebra can handle many hundreds of millions of records or my
> plan needs rethinking.
You are correct Thomas, I responded hastily. I should have said
"Zebra can easily handle more than 50 million records". The point
being that it is currently in production environments without any
specialized hardware with up to 50 million records. Just how scalable
it is beyond that point is outside my scope of knowledge; then again,
there are really only one or two collections in the known universe
with more than 50 million records ;-).

Cheers,