[Koha-devel] Display formatting

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Mon Sep 11 15:22:36 CEST 2006

Hi Ernesto,

On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 10:11:56AM -0300, Ernesto Silva wrote:
> Hi guys,
> 	I've added a new paragraph titled "biblios display formatting" at
> http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=en:development:roadmap2.2.x can you please
> check it out and tell me what you think, I'm I nuts or is it feasible?
I think you hit the nail on the head with the XML/XSLT technique. In
fact, this is what we're planning to do with Koha 3.2 and the Alvis
filter. This is a Zebra feature that allows us to pull records directly
in XML format from the index engine, then run them through any
pre-defined XSLT transformation to alter the display for the results
and detail pages. If you'd like to get involved in this development
I'd suggest joining us on Monday at 20:00 GMT in the IRC channel
irc.katipo.co.nz #koha

Cheers,