[Koha-devel] code cleaning of circulation

Rosalie Blake rosalie at library.org.nz
Thu Apr 5 03:32:43 CEST 2007

Paul POULAIN wrote:
> (snipped)
> * removed fixaccountforlostandreturned : it was used just once, and I
> think/fear it was highly boggus. It was supposed to update fines when a
> book marked lost was returned, but it seems it supposed some HLT
> specific parameters. My opinion is that it's better just to point the
> fact (that a returned book was marked lost), and let the librarian deal
> manually with the fine part (the behaviour depending on the library)
It is not bogus, and it isn't broken. It doesn't update fines. It
updates the charge for a book which is charged to a borrower who doesn't
return it.  The borrower pays this charge, so that he/she can go on
borrowing, but later finds the book and wants a credit. This
fixaccountforlostandreturned is very clever, because it credits the
borrower's account with the same amount they paid for the cost of the
book. And it's all beautifully automatic, so that the staff don't have
to watch for it and deal with it manually. (this is the age of
computers, not doing things manually that can be, and are being, done by
computers.

Please don't "fix" this, Paul. It isn't broken.

Chers
Rosalie Blake
Horowhenua Library Trust