[Koha-devel] code cleaning of circulation

Chris Cormack crc at liblime.com
Thu Apr 5 03:44:54 CEST 2007

On 5/04/2007, at 1:32 PM, Rosalie Blake wrote:

> Paul POULAIN wrote:
>> (snipped)
>> * removed fixaccountforlostandreturned : it was used just once, and I
>> think/fear it was highly boggus. It was supposed to update fines
>> when a
>> book marked lost was returned, but it seems it supposed some HLT
>> specific parameters. My opinion is that it's better just to point the
>> fact (that a returned book was marked lost), and let the librarian
>> deal
>> manually with the fine part (the behaviour depending on the library)
> It is not bogus, and it isn't broken. It doesn't update fines. It
> updates the charge for a book which is charged to a borrower who
> doesn't return it.  The borrower pays this charge, so that he/she
> can go on borrowing, but later finds the book and wants a credit.
> This fixaccountforlostandreturned is very clever, because it
> credits the borrower's account with the same amount they paid for
> the cost of the book. And it's all beautifully automatic, so that
> the staff don't have to watch for it and deal with it manually.
> (this is the age of computers, not doing things manually that can
> be, and are being, done by computers.

Hi

Ill go through this code and comment it more fully, but yes it would
be a real shame to lose this feature, its  in use in at least 3
libraries that I know about.

Chris

Chris Cormack                            chris.cormack at liblime.com
VP Research and Development                        www.liblime.com
LibLime                                             +64 21 542 131