[Koha-devel] items table

Henri-Damien LAURENT laurenthdl at alinto.com
Wed Apr 25 17:17:07 CEST 2007

Hi, I am investigating in items table to see which data are used, useful
and useless.
I found that.
Those information are meaningfull and useful :
itemnumber
biblionumber
biblioitemnumber
homebranch
holdingbranch
itemnotes
location
itemcallnumber
itemlost
notforloan
timestamp
reserves for reserve management
dateaccessioned (boils down to creation date) If I understand correctly.
The problem is that if MARC data is favoured, then we loose this value
if not linked.

wthdrawn is used in Circulation.pm to cancel an issue if set.
renewals is used and updated in Circulation.pm. Maybe it could get into
issues table.
paidfor is used in FixAccountForLostAndReturned but usage is rather cryptic
restricted (I cannot tell the difference with notforloan ?)
itype ???

Those fields I propose to drop :
binding (unknown use)
onloan,issue_date are Already in issues + unknown use.
issues (can be calculated from issues table)
price,replacementprice (used in Overdues only for
selection),replacementpricedate,booksellerid are account values which
seem never to be used.