[Koha-devel] copyright holder

Kyle Hall kyle.m.hall at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 18:35:05 CEST 2007

As far as the GPL is concerned, MJ is correct in that the copyright of each
persons contributions are still held by themselves. Katipo holds the
copyright for alot of the code, Liblime holds the copyright for alot of it
too. Just because Katipo wrote the original code does not mean that all
modifications and additions are theirs. I hold the copyright for any code
I've added, such as RotatingCollections.pm. For this reason, the license for
Koha could not be changed without the agreement of every person who has
worked on Koha. The same as with the Linux kernel. At least, this is how it
works in the United States. I'm not well versed in French or British
copyright law.

Kyle

--
IT Tech
Crawford County Federated Library System