[Koha-devel] barcode printing status in HEAD.

Joshua M. Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Mon Aug 27 16:46:23 CEST 2007

----- "Paul POULAIN" <paul.poulain at free.fr> wrote:
> Ryan Higgins a écrit :
> > Ah, good, I was going to ask about this.
> >
> > We have a more generalized label generation module, which covers all
> the
> > functionality of barcode.pl except the country code thing.
> >
> > I'll commit to git, removing the barcode dir and adding under
> 'labels'.
> >
> > If the country code functionality is important to anyone, we can
> work to integrate it.
> >
> > The code on this is primarily contributed by Mason.
>
> thanks for the -git- commit.
>
> Just 1 thing missing : the database tables. You should create them
> using
> the KOHAVERSION stuff : updater/updatedatabase, line 2143, add :
>
> $DBversion = "3.00.00.003";
> if (C4::Context->preference("Version") < TransformToNum($DBversion))
> {
>      $dbh->do("create the tables we need for label management");
> }
Lets add this as an example for the SQL discussion this week, I'd
like to decide on a clear set of steps for how to maintain SQL in
Koha -- one thing I agree with MJ on, is that one person should
maintain the SQL. Also, I think there should only be one authoritative
source for the SQL structure definition (kohastructure.sql) and there
should be a way to 'prove' that updatedatabase (or whatever replaces
it) is identical to the official structure.

Secondly, I think we need to discuss the versioning scheme that's in
place a bit. For one, we've not yet released 3.0 yet, so it should be
starting at 2.9.

Cheers,