[Koha-devel] dummy function for gettext [IMPORTANT]

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Fri Aug 31 09:38:12 CEST 2007

Owen Leonard a écrit :
> I'm curious about something in the 3.0 templates:

>     function _(s) { return s } // dummy function for gettext
>     </script>
>
> Can anyone tell me what purpose that serves?

Yes, I can, and it's very important to keep it here.
every string that is _('this is a string') is extracted by the template
translator tool.
Without this, it is not.

So the dummy function is useless when running Koha, but very very
important for translation process.

HTH

--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants en logiciels libres et bibliothéconomie