[Koha-devel] RFC - installer changes

Bünzli Daniel daniel.buenzli at erratique.ch
Thu Dec 13 15:06:13 CET 2007

Le 12 déc. 07 à 19:56, Galen Charlton a écrit :

> ** 'single': install everything under one subdirectory; meant for
> users who do not have root on their host but are allowed to install
> software.

The problem is that you still need to be root to use the koha-
httpd.conf file (steps 5-7). Almost everything in this file can be
written in a .htaccess for a server that has mod_rewrite and mod_env.
The only problem is the use of DocumentRoot. By using this directive
the opac and the intranet cannot be accessed from the same root. Is
there a way to configure the system to be able to access the opac
under say example.org/opac and the intranet under example.org/admin ?

I tried to install such a setting with 2.2.9 but the problem is that
the links in both ui point back to the root e.g. example.org/cgi-bin.
But you would like them to point to example.org/opac/cgi-bin for the
opac and example.org/admin/cgi-bin for the intranet. You cannot use a
rewrite rule for that since in general you don't know if the request
for example.org/cgi-bin is for the opac or for the intranet.

Is there some variable I can set to prefix the links generated in the
ui ? Actually the most flexible would be two variables per ui, one for
the the prefix location of the templates and another for the prefix
location of the scripts. This could be specified in koha-conf.xml.

Best,

Daniel