[Koha-devel] RFC - installer changes

Galen Charlton galen.charlton at liblime.com
Fri Dec 14 01:08:45 CET 2007

Hi,

On 12/13/07, Bünzli Daniel <daniel.buenzli at erratique.ch> wrote:
> Le 12 déc. 07 à 19:56, Galen Charlton a écrit :
> > ** 'single': install everything under one subdirectory; meant for
> > users who do not have root on their host but are allowed to install
> > software.
>
> The problem is that you still need to be root to use the koha-
> httpd.conf file (steps 5-7). Almost everything in this file can be
> written in a .htaccess for a server that has mod_rewrite and mod_env.
[snip]
> Is there some variable I can set to prefix the links generated in the
> ui ? Actually the most flexible would be two variables per ui, one for
> the the prefix location of the templates and another for the prefix
> location of the scripts. This could be specified in koha-conf.xml.

There are no variables in place for specifying a prefix for the URL
path, alas, but I agree that supporting an .htaccess-only
configuration is a worthy goal.  I will play around with this idea,
but it will probably be a while before I come up with a branch for
this unless somebody has a clever idea about how to do it without
touching almost all of the scripts and templates.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton