[Koha-devel] UTF-8

Michel Virard mvirard at videotron.ca
Mon Dec 3 02:18:41 CET 2007

Hello,

This thread stopped more than 6 months ago, yet I do not know what happened
next. I am very interested to a workable solution to this problem: half of
our books are in French and we have exactly the same problem: z39.50 records
fetched from (bilingual) canadian libraries do not get properly in our ISO
koha. All accented letters are wrongly interpreted when they show up in our
MARC21 records.

I am not even sure the 3 Canadian libraries use UTF8 although it looks like
it. A reliable source of UTF8 encoding would clear the question.

Michel Virard
Montreal