[Koha-devel] C4 and date formats

Vincent Danjean vdanjean.ml at free.fr
Tue Dec 18 08:33:25 CET 2007

Paul POULAIN wrote:
> Ryan Higgins a écrit :
>> I suggest the coding guideline that scripts maintain the date in local
>> syspref-defined
> I would have preffered to use iso in the code and format only for
> outputting, but let's go with the solution you suggest. The important
> thing is to have a single method to handle dates !

I you choose local time, are you sure that scripts will behave correctly
when there is time-shifting (several country such as France add and remove
one hour one time per year) ? I do not look at the code, so I do not have
any hints if the answer is yes or no. This is just a classical issue with
local time.

  Best regards,
    Vincent

Vincent Danjean       GPG key ID 0x9D025E87         vdanjean at debian.org
GPG key fingerprint: FC95 08A6 854D DB48 4B9A  8A94 0BF7 7867 9D02 5E87
Unofficial pacakges: http://www-id.imag.fr/~danjean/deb.html#package
APT repo:  deb http://perso.debian.org/~vdanjean/debian unstable main