[Koha-devel] Re: koha 3.0 packaging for Debian (a -french- candidate)

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Wed Jan 17 18:02:33 CET 2007

paul POULAIN <paul at koha-fr.org> wrote:
> right, it's not.
> look at : http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=installingzebraplugin226
> and, in the source code, misc/Installer.pm

Installer.pm must die!  I hear that hdl works on a web installer to do
the librarian questions.  I'm working on Makefile.PL to do the
sysadmin steps.  If the web installer can do the SQL data loading,
that would be brilliant.

The problems to overcome with Makefile.PL are:

1. filenames with spaces in - for now I am junking them with [ ] in a
MANIFEST.SKIP - should I just ignore the templates which contain them?
(npl);

2. the tests in the t/ directory are out-of-date;

3. need to install the CGI scripts to the correct directory (I keep
putting them in /usr/share/perl5 which isn't very good);

4. generate the config files - I'm sure I did this before;

5. fix the Plain Old Documentation (POD) comments that contain strange
things like '=over2' - other POD is out-of-date, too;

6. probably much else.

[...]
> * update from 2.2 : updater/updatedatabase script contains all what is
> needed to update the 2.2 DB

I forget: why is this done with a script and not SQL ALTER/UPDATEs?

Regards,