[Koha-devel] Re: koha 3.0 packaging for Debian (a -french- candidate)

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Wed Jan 17 18:11:38 CET 2007

MJ Ray a écrit :
>> * update from 2.2 : updater/updatedatabase script contains all what is
>> needed to update the 2.2 DB
>
> I forget: why is this done with a script and not SQL ALTER/UPDATEs?
because some high level operation can't be achieved through alter/update
only.

For example : (between 2.2 & 3.0, which is, I admit something very
specific) move the frameworkcode from marc_biblio (that will be removed
after) to biblioitems table. create a marcxml column & fill it with XML
marc record, that we get from MARCgetbiblio($biblionumber)->as_xml()

--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants