[Koha-devel] the future of koha without zebra

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Thu Jan 18 11:37:06 CET 2007

Paul POULAIN <paul.poulain at free.fr> wrote:
> - continue to maintain & update 2.2
> - code a "SQL only" 3.0
[...]
> My personnal conclusion is that the 1st solution is the short term one,
> as it's easier on the short term, but will become harder in the long term.
> The 2nd solution is better if we decide to think "long term".

I agree.  I don't see a good third solution myself.

It would be good to have a koha 2.2_legacy roadmap with a 'We will
stop supporting koha-2.2 when:' section, which includes 'either zebra
is bundled with koha-3.0 or there is a non-zebra koha-3.0' as a
condition.

Also, I think that I need to stop dithering and work on 2.2 (which
most of my customers use) instead of trying to follow both 2.2 and 3.0
and not really succeeding with 3.0 because I can't IRC at US and NZ
times any more and the docs don't really seem to be there yet.  Most
of the stuff I want to do (move parts from install.pl to Makefile.PL)
should be portable to 3.0 when it nears release anyway.

Hope that helps,
Somerset, England. Work/Laborejo: http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
IRC/Jabber/SIP: on request/peteble.