[Koha-devel] Re: [Koha] premature end of script headers

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Fri Jan 19 04:26:07 CET 2007

Chris Cormack wrote:

>> 1. Why is the admin login username (to the Intranet) the same as
>>    the database username? The two should be separate, esp. for
>>    security reasons.
>>
> It isnt, or at least it doesnt need to be. This is just the login to
> Koha until you set up a librarian and assign them as superuser. The
> librarians should all be logging in with their own user codes.

I am familiarising myself with the Koha system. One thing I am doing
now requires admin level login. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't
the admin-level login id and password found in the koha.conf file:

database=eesv2pre5
hostname=localhost
user=kohaadmin
pass=qwpoijoiqjdjiojqwd

Are the above 'user' and 'pass' passed on to mysql as authentication
parameters for DBI->connect ($username, $auth) ?

cheers
rickw

--
Rick Welykochy || Praxis Services

The 7 R's of Windows support: retry, restart, reboot, reconfigure,
reinstall, reformat and finally, replace with Linux.