[Koha-devel] Re: [Koha] premature end of script headers

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Fri Jan 19 04:29:13 CET 2007

Rick Welykochy wrote:
> Chris Cormack wrote:
>
>>> 1. Why is the admin login username (to the Intranet) the same as
>>>    the database username? The two should be separate, esp. for
>>>    security reasons.
>>>
>> It isnt, or at least it doesnt need to be. This is just the login to
>> Koha until you set up a librarian and assign them as superuser. The
>> librarians should all be logging in with their own user codes.
>
> I am familiarising myself with the Koha system. One thing I am doing
> now requires admin level login. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't
> the admin-level login id and password found in the koha.conf file:
>
> database=eesv2pre5
> hostname=localhost
> user=kohaadmin
> pass=qwpoijoiqjdjiojqwd
>
> Are the above 'user' and 'pass' passed on to mysql as authentication
> parameters for DBI->connect ($username, $auth) ?

Yes, but you dont need admin access.
Make yourself a borrower, edit the borrowers permissions, make it a
superlibrarian, and set a password on it. And you no longer need to use
that username and password.
You can then change them in mysql and koha.conf file if you want. And
never use it to login again.

IE its only there so that you can login the first time and set up a user.

Hope this helps

Chris