[Koha-devel] Output.pm guesscharset, etc.

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Tue Jun 5 10:41:42 CEST 2007

Joshua M. Ferraro a écrit :
> Hi gang,
>
> I just spent a few minutes troubleshooting some encoding issues in
> one of my Koha installs and noticed we're still using the guessencoding
> and guesstype routines in Output.pm in both rel_2_2 and HEAD. I'd
> suggest we switch to using the encoding listed in the systempreference
> or else, for HEAD, just hardcode as UTF-8. I'm guessing hardcoding
> would be the most efficient for HEAD since 3.0 is going to be all
> UNICODE anyway. Any thoughts?

it's a good idea.
I've done it in head. It also helped me to solve encoding problems with
tmeplates, that were not using output_html_with_http_headers and thus
were not utf-8 izeds.

I think I can do it on rel_2_2 soon, although we need to rely on the
systempref (as koha 2.2 in french is latin1, not utf8).

For Koha 3.0, i've hardcoded utf-8, as it's the only possible value.

--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants en logiciels libres et bibliothéconomie