[Koha-devel] Premature end of script headers

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Fri Sep 14 10:37:30 CEST 2007

Chris Cormack wrote:

> Are you running apache2, if so what version, some of them don't seem to
> log all the errors to the virtualhost error logs but instead log them to
> the main apache2 error log.
> So I'd take a look in /var/log/apache2/error_log (or whereever the set
> up is) and see if there is more information in there.

Apache2 it is. And you got it in one. The /var/log/apache2/error.log
shows this:

[Fri Sep 14 15:48:24 2007] [error] (13)Permission denied: exec of '/usr/local/koha/opac/cgi-bin/koha/opac-main.pl' failed

I had obtained all the Koha200Pre5 sources from a zipfile, which of course
drops the execute perms on files.

Now that I've made the *.pl files executable, all is going well.

I do recall there is an Apache config to force all perl scripts to execute
regardless of perms, something like "AddHandler cgi-script pl", but I
think I'll leave well enough alone on the Koha/2.0.0 install.

thanks,
rickw

--
Rick Welykochy || Praxis Services

Traditionally, most of Australia's imports come from overseas.
      -- Keppel Enderbery