[Koha-devel] ANNOUNCE: New Installer in master git tree

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Tue Sep 18 16:30:55 CEST 2007

MJ Ray a écrit :
> Well, one koha user already tried it, so I guess I should announce it here:
>
> THE NEW INSTALLER IS IN THE MASTER TREE

Hi MJ,

I tried your installer and have some questions/suggestions :

- how to define the directory where I want to install Koha ?

- how to define login/password for mySQL ? (same question for zebra)
Atm, it seems to be defaulted to kohaadmin / katikoan, which is a MAJOR
security flaw : I bet that 90% of the setups will be done without
changing it, thus anyone can connect to librarian interface as
superlibrarian without any problem ! I think we must at least ask for a
login/password (something like : perl Makefile.PL --login=XXX
--password=YYY, otherwise, die with a message.

- I think the installer don't create the mySQL login (kohaadmin /
katikoan by default), it can't as the root password is unknown from the
installer. What about adding a --master-login --master-password
parameter to add the login/password in mySQL ? If we don't do it
automatically, we should at least warn the users that it's not done ;-)

Note that the webinstaller requires the koha login/password, and only that.

HTH

--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants en logiciels libres et bibliothéconomie