[Koha-devel] Available languages in Koha 3 Beta... and "famfamfam"

Axel Bojer axelb at skolelinux.no
Thu Apr 3 17:48:04 CEST 2008

Ricardo Dias Marques wrote:
> Hi list!
>
> I've installed Koha 3 Beta last week, on a (virtual) machine running
> Linux (openSUSE 10.3), the "default" Apache (2.2.4) and the "default"
> MySQL (5.0.45).
>
> First of all, congratulations to the Koha developers team for a very
> nice UI (User Interface) redesign. The new Koha (literally) looks
> great!  :)

Seconded!

We have also installed the beta version to quality ensure our Norwegian
translations. But we have seen all to many English strings, it seems
that many strings that we mean to have translated and sent in are not
present, instead we see the English strings. This is both on the opac
and the staff interface. We have fully translated opac, so this is
strange. Therefore we want to know:

* When is our last change to submit new translations for 3.0?
We already have translated everything (except UNIMARC-strings in
French), but know that many improvements will still have to be made, so
we can wait. But if there is a limit we want to submit as close to that
limit as possible to give the users the best possible result :-)

* Will there be easy to add fixes to the translations later on? As this
is the first Norwegian translation we expect to see many things needing
correction later on, when we get to know the system better and get to
see all of our strings in the right context.

* If the answer to the above two questions is negative (or: not in a
very long time) please check your translation build to see if all the
strings are really imported correctly.
Be aware: We can send you our latest packages any time you want, just
give us a hint :-P

* We see there are probably new strings too, so we will have to merge
them in with our own. Do you know of any tools to do this automatically?
(The last time we needed it someone else nicely enough did it for us;
thank you again :-)

Best regards
Axel Bojer