[Koha-devel] Size of Patron Pictures.

Michael Hafen mdhafen at washk12.org
Mon Apr 7 21:15:26 CEST 2008

There are two concerns I have with patron picture.  First is whether
they are scaled by the server when uploaded or displayed.  Second is if
they should have a specified size.
On the (english) help for the member details page it says, "You should
be aware that the Details page will display the image at 25% of the
original pixel dimensions."  It would seem that the details page scales
the pictures when they are displayed.  I see nothing the the html or css
that does this.  Are the pictures scaled by the server?
One of my users, while testing Koha 3, uploaded a very large image for a
patron.  He can no longer access the form for changing the patron image
as the picture has covered the form.  This is inconvenient.  I would
like to see a restriction placed on the size of patron pictures to
prevent this.  What I would like is an addition to staff-global.css like
this:

img#patronimage {
        max-height : 180px;
        max-width : 145px;