[Koha-devel] changing the language files localy

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Thu Apr 10 21:18:02 CEST 2008

Axel Bojer a écrit :
> Hi!
>
> We have successfully installed Koha beta2, and are proof reading it now.
> What would be nice were if we could change the language files manually
> on our installation, just to check our translation before we submit it
> toy you. Is this possible?
>
> For other programs there are *.mo-files in /usr/share/locale-langpack/
> but there are no koha/staff/opac-files there. All I find is tmp-files
> with some localised language-strings, like:
> nb-NO/modules/installer/auth.tmpl
>
> I suppose this mean the answer to my question is now, then?
>
> So, if not: Will the language files be updated for the RC-versions?
> If yes, when is then the last day we can send new language files for RC1?

Unless i'm missing something, don't do that.
The localised templates are generated by the
misc/translator/tmpl_process3.pl.
This script :
- read the en templates
- read the translation file, which is in
misc/translator/po/your_language_*.po
- generate the template in your languages.

So if you want to proof read your language, you have to edit the .po file

--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com