[Koha-devel] Vote NOW for the Koha Community Website Theme

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Mon Apr 14 15:38:19 CEST 2008

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 4:27 AM, MJ Ray <mjr at phonecoop.coop> wrote:
> "Darci Hanning" <darci.hanning at gmail.com> wrote:
>  > You may now vote for the Koha Community Website Theme here:
>  > http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=cXmKffvDeO7c48PVcFB4BA_3d_3d
>
>  surveymonkey requires Javascript, graphics cookies and more.  Please
>  move the vote to a site which everyone can use.  Can't Plone run open
>  votes?  Could we score the templates from their own demo pages?
Are you volunteering to set up a plone site that has a voting product installed,
because none of us have time :-).

>  The ballot looks very strange.  What method is being used for this
>  vote?  What happens if there's not a clear winner?  I daren't vote
>  because I don't understand how my vote will be used.
This is the first time we've done an official Koha community vote for anything,
so we're all just learning here. What do you suggest we do if there
isn't a clear
winner?

>  Many of the URLs on the demo sites appear to be different to the live
>  site.  Are they template problems or a Plone configuration problem which
>  will be corrected before launch?  http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/URI
The way I'd suggest we handle this is with mod_rewrite, so that the old
pages redirect to the new content.

>  Finally, all sites appear to be semi-translated.  Does that cause any
>  other problems which might influence votes?
Not sure, what kinds of problems do you anticipate?

>  Why was the call-for-votes draft not previewed on koha-devel?  I'm
>  sure someone could have helped fix these before the vote started.
Good idea, next time we'll do that.

Cheers,

--
Joshua Ferraro SUPPORT FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE
CEO migration, training, maintenance, support