[Koha-devel] Vote NOW for the Koha Community Website Theme

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Wed Apr 16 18:54:17 CEST 2008

Jerry Van Baren a écrit :
> P.S. I dislike sites with fixed widths because fixed widths means
> suboptimal displays on large terminals and annoy and often unreadable
> displays on small terminals.  Koha.org and "site 1" suffer from from
> this (rescale the width of your browser and watch the text not flow).
> Site 2 and Site 3 do *not* suffer from this (the text and the menu tabs
> flow properly).
>
> The fixed size/resizing issue is a CSS definition / layout methodology
> issue, not a Plone issue.

You're right.
But just 2 notes :
- the size is OK in 800x600, so I think the small terminal question is
not a problem
- this problem is mostly a geek problem. We want to attract users, and
librarians, afaik, don't care at all of those kind of problems.

Note also that I understand the interest of Plone. But I think at this
moment, that the design (colors, round squares, blue/white/green...) are
better than the 3 proposals. So I wonder if we could not keep the design
AND switch to plone.

--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com