[Koha-devel] Authorities searching (3 things)

Galen Charlton galen.charlton at liblime.com
Thu Apr 17 23:35:27 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 11:36 AM, Paul POULAIN <paul.poulain at free.fr> wrote:
>  3 questions/problems/suggestions :

I'm still working on a response to these, but to add a fourth one,
with recent work Koha 3 is now in a situation where authority records
are now *required* -- this was not true prior to the second beta.  In
order for a cataloger to be able to add or edit a heading in the bib
record without being *required* to open a popup window for each
heading, BiblioAddsAuthorities must be turned on.  However, I don't
think turning BiblioAddsAuthorities on is suitable for every library.
as automatically creating authority records is a good way to enshrine
typos.

I propose adding another syspref (perhaps called
RequireAuthoritySearch) that controls whether a heading field is
readonly or not in the bib editor.  This would be orthogonal to the
BibilioAddsAuthorities syspref.

Regards,

Galen
--